Thursday, August 30, 2012

MURDERS!!!!!!!!!

Where is a good place to go shopping for your redneck husband for fathers day? This year I choose the mall and Cabelas. Although he might be a redneck but he is not a hunter. I should have just went with my gut and went to Rural King (his fave store).

Round 15

The closest Cabelas is about 30 min from my house and located at the St. Louis Mills mall. I am not a mall shopper at all. If I can't find what I need at Target or Shop n Save I really don't need it. But this was important for the kids to get their step father the best fathers day gift ever.


When we first got to the mall I suggested that we go into the mall part and save Cabelas for last. (Hoping to find something more his style in one of the other shops.) Of course they agreed because I have never really taking them mall shopping before. They wanted to check it out.

After 2 hours of only finding 1 sign he could hang up in his garage and my oldest discovering Aropostile i was done. We still had to go back threw Cabelas because that is where we parked the car.

Krysten: maybe we will find what he likes in here.

So we walked around. Cabelas is a very neat store with all there displays of the different taxidermy animals and large fish tanks. We looked at every display. Reading all the info. Abby was amazed. She absolutely loved all of it.


Until she spotted the mounted deer heads on the walls.

Abby: What is that?? Why is it just their heads?? What is going on?!?!?

Me: Abby this is a hunting store. What do u think all these animals are from? When some people go hunting and get a prize kill they have the animal mounted like a trophy.

She didn't say anything more for a few min. As we walked towards the front of the store Bethany found the best shirt for my husband. We all liked it and agreed that it would make a great gift. So now all we have to do is check out an we are done.

The check out at the Cabela stores is located at the front o the store next to the gun displays.

As we are walking to the check out lane Abby glanced over to this man examining a very large shot gun.

Abby mumbled something under her breath. I turned around and asked her what she said.

Abby: (in a low whisper) murderer.

I don't know if I was confused by what she just said or shocked.

Abby: that man buying that gun is a murder!!!!!

Me: no Abby he is a hunter.

Buy this time she had gotten louder and there were about 3-5 people starting to take notice of her little tantrum.

Abby: MURDERS!!! (yelling) YOU ALL ARE MURDERS!!! AND YOU HAVE A STORE ABOUT IT!!!

By this time I was bright red and ready to be out of this store. Some how I calmed her down enough to pay for the shirt.

While wrapping up the transaction the worker of the store game me my change and told us to have a great day. As we walked out Abby had one more thing to say.

Abby: MURDERS!!!

Never again will I step foot in that store again.

No comments:

Post a Comment